About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Sunday 18 March 2012

WATER WAYS

  The other day I took a small walk along a footpath in an area of the fens not far from here. The mad mutt loved it, scenting all the new smells of a place strange to us both.
The weather was non too bright, so the photo's are rather dull but it rather amused me to see amongst a whole load of rushes to see a fen dyke turn at right angles ... 
<<< don't believe me?
It's the kind of thing you get used to round here, water behaving in in unnatural ways.
I am so used to free flowing water courses back home that it still seems a little alien to me.
And then you also get T-junctions                                                              >>>
the things one normally associates with roads but not in this case.
Confusing to the uninitiated in fenland waterworks, but I'm learning!
It's almost hard to believe, looking at the water levels here that a drought seems almost certain as the water table has not yet recovered from last years lack of rain!
But at least one water loving tree seems to be drinking deeply enough to start donning her spring time greenery ...
soon this tall old willow will be well dressed in her spring finery ready for a summer ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment