About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Sunday 4 March 2012

RAIN TURNS TO >>>

  Well folks, today was a strange kind of day ... it started with rain, lots of it, which here in the drought suffering fens is a welcome blessing but this area need more, much more. It was lovely to see the tree trunks glistening with wetness as I trogged the dog through muddy puddles, my wellies squelching in the mud and said mutt splashing about happily.
The plan was to get dog sorted and return to the log fire I had lit before venturingout so that I could return, dry of and ...watch the Ireland v France rugby match in wood smokey comfort and dryness ... Hmmm ... I ended up on a fascinating detour which I will waffle on about tomorrow, missed the first half but managed to see the second half during which ... it started snowing! Yes ... snowing. O.K so it's just water in a different form but what was so strange is that it felt so mild outside yet the air was just swirling with the white stuff which, eventually settled rather aptly on the snowdrops. Anyway a draw in the rugby. France the only team that could prevent us getting the Grand Slam. We shall know in two weeks time! It seems a long time to wait, next we face Italy, who I have to say I would like to see win, just not against us next weekend.




So, tomorrow I will share with you all, the "inside story" of today's diversion from the RBS Six Nations match, all I will tell you is that it was well worth missing the first half for and to pull me away from the rugby ...
well it was something special. G'nite all!

1 comment:

  1. So that's where our snow went! we were pleased to see it go.......

    ReplyDelete