About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 17 March 2012

FIVE IN A ROW

Today was a rugby fest for those fans of the oval ball and the RBS Six Nations. It was great to see Italy finally win a match, they deserve it, though I felt sorry for the Irish losing on St Patricks Day. As for the Welsh winning the Grand Slam, well this is all I need to illustrate how good that is, just a group of very happy looking, rain watered daffodils!!!
Also one little special surprise in a corner of an old shed in the garden ...
Over the last few days I have been taking photographs of the nest with an egg added each day, then finally last night I caught sight of a bird in the nest. This morning I was lucky enough to get a photo of the female robin peeking over the top. I know it is a female because the male takes no part in the incubation, he just has the job of standing guard and waiter service. Today I also managed to get a photo of the eggs ...which are laid one a day and only when all are laid will the mother start incubating them as she did last night.
So, hopefully in about a fortnights time there should be five healthy young robins here.
Something to look forward to!
Just to let you know that these five eggs, all turned out to be healthy fledglings and since I left, have all flown their secure little nest and are exploring all the garden!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome! Spring has definitely sprung! Thank you for sharing. Shep

    ReplyDelete