About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Monday 19 March 2012

END OF A DAY

  Today was kind of busy one way or another so I didn't get much chance to use my camera until the sun was starting to set. That's when I dashed out of the back gate onto the fen to capture the view, but my attention was diverted by the clucking of some rather large chooks!  Now ... these ladies were part of the morning chorus a few weeks ago and when I looked out of the bedroom window across the fen, I thought they were geese, they seemed so large. Today has been the first chance to get close to them and though I don't know their breed ... they are gi-normous chooks!
But tonight they were friendly enough for me to get close, seemingly wanting feeding. I wouldn't mind some eggs off these three.

Now to go back to the start of the day ... at five this morning I woke to the normal dawn chorus ... only to hear a cuckoo, or was it a pigeon or a dove being innovative. Well, I woke again at five and there it was again, more distinct this time ... a cuckoo. Now, I probably haven't got the record, but that, is early!! Last year at home, the first I heard was April 21st, but this year so much is happening early, mebbe the cuckoo calling too.
Anyway, at the end of a rather busy day one way and another, the sunset was just quite amazing and out of several photo's this one is my favourite, taken on zoom to capture this tree against a fire bright sky, I was entranced by it all tonight ... a really wonderful sky.
and as for tomorrow ... who knows what may happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment