About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 3 March 2012

SUN & MOON EVENING

 Do you know what it is yet?
Will let you know later ...
Meanwhile, today though it started rather grey and rain spotty, turned out to be another amazingly warm sunny but breezy day. Went to the garage to get my poor dirty old Rover (not the dog, but his limousine) washed and waxed, so the other half is happier! On the way back I noticed that the village windmill sails were turning, so they were making flour today. Didn't have time to stop for photographs but come sun setting time I took the mad mutt along the back lane, behind me was a lovely, low sunset ... that flooded the fens with gentle rose light. In front of me, in a blue sky it seemed as if the half moon had been caught in the trees.
The trunks however were caught in the blushing pale pink light and seemed to glow. All over the fen there was a feeling of a day gently dozing off after hectic activity in bird and beast with that old, inherent need to breed ... "Spring is Sprung, let's get together, strut your stuff." 


Now to let you know what the first photo, showed only a part of ... 
This is the local windmill, that earlier in the day was grinding wheat for flour. One day before I return to Wales, I hope to get a chance to see inside it and take some Fenland flour home with me. This one only works part time but in the next village there is a fully working windmill making flour, that I have yet to try. I can almost smell the freshly baked bread, but much later than the sunset, it's time for bed. ZZZzzz ....

No comments:

Post a Comment