About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Thursday 8 March 2012

SUN & MOON

  Waking up this morning was quite magical. My bedroom here looks over the back garden and beyond that, fenland. I lay there listening to the birdsong and when I eventually stirred my creaky old body and looked out of the window, I was amazed at the mass of activity in the orchard. Birds of all kinds (too many to list here) were flaunting their stuff, strutting along the walls and fences and basically just showing off how they could swoop, land & fly! They were just full of the joys of spring, blessums. 
It was a very sunny start to the day and ... despite doom laden warnings of solar activity threatening to muck up our sat navs etc ... (personally I read maps but there you go)
it promised to be a gloriously sunny day and so it turned out to be, but with visitors and such like, little time for photography of any note, but these two, in the sun caught my eye.
  Where the rest of the day went, I don't know really ...
A weekend shopping trip to a superstore I don't know well, took what seemed like forever. Navigating aisles strange to me, with a trolley that had a mind of it's own, as well as shoppers who seemed to be more like bumper car drivers at a fun fair (you know the sort I mean) neither brain nor trolley in gear). Try as hard as you might, to be polite there is always some par blind, obstinate soul who just gets in the way and ... you seem to meet them again and again down every isle ... Groundhog Day! Well I eventually got back, all the list bar a few items ticked off the list, what was there to subtly photograph? ... nowt! That is until tonight after we'd eaten and as I let the trio out, moonshine
(no ... not illegal liquor but the real thing). So, with my pocket sized, slim-fit camera and apologies to Patrick Moore ... this was the best I could do ...
But that is a full moon and as I take the mad mutt to sniff the days news in the hedges ... well no sat nav probs getting around the village green, no solar incovenience! Just a very brief trog with the dog and then for he and me ... deep sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment