About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Thursday 8 December 2011

VISIBILITY POOR.

  Well I think weather all across the country today is, just soddingly awful. But as usual Scotland is bearing the brunt of it, with winds speeds recorded today of 130 mph. Yeowch!!
Up in Argyllshire were I grew up on a highland farm, it is really atrocious and I feel sorry for those who are trying to deal with it all. I had enough (very minor) problems today with my neighbours chickens. Despite the foul weather, my fowl charges seemed oblivious to the fact that I wanted them back safe in their accommodation for the night. I got rather soaked ... "Come on baby, shake a tail feather!" Those who know The Blues Brothers and singing from Aretha Franklin will get my drift. I felt more like "A Rubber Biscuit"
  Not a photographic kind of a day. Managed to tax the old jallopy for another year, sorted out a few other things that needed attention, and apart from that felt fairly washed out and after stripping of my wet clothes, felt like this ... >>>
Skinny as a rabbit, ready for the pot!
I think that a long hot soak in the bath and with a decent meal inside me, I will feel better. Arthritic joints take their toll and wet weather  doesn't help. But ... there are always those much worse off than me and I count myself lucky. So ... to end the day I will return to the contrast of yesterday ... 
when the sky just blazed with a wonderful deep coloured sunset that brought pleasure not just to me, but to others. My thoughts today are with those that are far worse off than myself. For me, it was the best sky of the year, "Red sky at night, Shepherds delight" but I am well aware that today has meant tough conditions for so many.
Wherever you are ... sleep safely.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Them sunsets again. Squally would be terribly polite (not one of my strong points)description of today. Has been horrendous weather but we're fortunate compared to many. Tomorrow is another day - something to look forward to! Shep

    ReplyDelete
  2. To put it succinctly Shep, there was bugger all else worth commenting on! Still ... tomorrow as they say ... is another day. S'cuse the cliche.

    ReplyDelete