About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 17 December 2011

A VERY BRIEF OUTING

   Don't worry I haven't popped me clogs yet ... lets just say that the mists have been fumes of Olbas Oil, with sky blue loo roll and the green of the curtains. Scenic  ... not! From the warmth of indoors, through the window I've watched real life sky showing off how many different ways that water can be made into special effects. Through a window with condensation or an icy sheen first thing in the morning. We had a reddish sky this morning jackdaws all excited, but the body refused to be impressed. It's times like this you wish you were a scout troop polar bear ... well prepared! Dog looking at me reproachfully as I refused (cold-heartily) to enter outside, my body just wasn't willing, much as the mind would have liked to explore more. I was ready to take him for a short outing later on today, when the heavens poured more wetness! That was me being looked at with decidedly much fed up-ness. 
Not my fault matey boy Anyways, as the end of the daylight drew to a close, a gentle sunset  and chance dryness, so I togged up in mega warm togs and ventured forth, it was worth it it just to see the pale sunset deepen.
An amazingly clear blue sky for so late in the day after all that mist, sleet and rain.
 Parked up by the old church, it was cold, not that the dog minded one bit. I almost did, but the sweet, warm scent of cattle in the byre against the chill of the soon darkening sky, was just lovely. It was a surprise to see snow still lingering despite the efforts of the rain today to attempt to wash it away.                  






And beyond that in the distance the peaks were still a very dense white. Am guessing it's even colder over there.  Yeowch!













One last look across The Argoed, one of my favourite views, no matter the weather ...
I love taking a photograph in the same place to see how the mood changes and ... it's never the same. That's just a wonderful thing

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dafad! How's that bug doin'? You gonna be fit for the festive season? If you're gonna be badly might as well do it when the weather's crap is what I think, you ain't missing too much then. Get well soon - Shep

    ReplyDelete