About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

VISIBILITY EXCELLENT

Our local weather forecast this morning claimed "Visibility excellent" ... correct.
"Sunny" ... can't fault them with that ... it was right.
"Wind 20 mph" Well ... stood trying to stand steady to get this photo of the heavily berried hawthorns on Grannies old place, the haws were getting blown away, as was I.
I think the pilot of the helicopter (that black spot in the sky) given the problems he seemed to be having, would have agreed with me that the wind speed was very much faster. Several times I got blown of track, which my back didn't like much.
With strong westerlies, I went to see what The Singing Gate was playing today 

and it was merrily piping away with some real up tempo stuff. I forgot to tell you, five days ago I heard a recognisable rendering of "Over The Sea to Skye" and ... "Happy Birthday" which was very weird because it had been my birthday the day before. Today it was more up tempo numbers.







And as the fence  hung out the beech leaves from at least half a mile away to dry, I sat huddled on the stile to listen to the morning soloist (though no recognisable tunes this morning) I think the gate mostly composes its own and then works on variations. I wonder if sheep appreciate their very unique music station. I certainly do.





<<<meet the composer and soloist.

Anyway it was time to be moving on, I was getting very stiff and cold, the dog (not one for a tune or two) was looking at me quizzically and probably reversing his title Mad Mutt into Mad Mum. Can't say as I blame him, he's not the only one who thinks Dafad is daft!
The wind was getting stronger and much as the dog loves his low level air grooming, I'd had enough for the day, so we steadily made it back to the car, parked not too far away.


Heading back down the mountain road, I stopped for one last photograph of the lovely beech tree on the corner. All around it the beeches are just skeletal and bare of foliage ...
 it is still bravely defying the fact that it should by now be leafless.
****************
Well, I thought that was it for today. Maybe being "sarcaustic" about the weather bods had a lesson in store. As I went to put the chooks and bunnies safely away for the night ...
the best sunset that we've had all year up here, the pet stock had to patiently wait ...
as I spent ages (in a very cold late afternoon) busy with my camera. This is the best sunset that we've had all year It was just stunning, but blimey t'was cold. Luckily the chooks had all seen themselves into their nightly accommodation, the two bunnies had to wait a wee bit longer as I tried to capture  the moment. It was just too good to miss.
Now I'm not a Christian, but a recently made, friendly acquaintance of mine is.  So just for him and his wife, I took this ...  >>>
By then it was getting too dark for much more photographic opportunity, so I ensured that that the chickens and rabbits were made safe for today. All accounted for. all safely locked away. Job done, I too can relax for the the night.




Just one last parting moment, a three quarters moon ...
Wherever you are ... sleep safe.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome photo of the sunset - beautiful, send it in to the local weather calendar (if your local bbc tv station does that) - has made my day seeing that. Thanks. Shep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a test from the tarset website before advising me to change browser settings, feel free to bin this one, I'm just getting over excited coz I can at last post as me!!!! At a price tho' until I work out how to get my internet page back to normal - give me sheep any day!! Take care Dafad.

    ReplyDelete