About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Friday 11 November 2011

YESTERDAYS VIEWS

Well I don't know what happened yesterday, but this post didn't go where I wanted it to
which was probably for a reason because I hadn't yet reached the finale of the day, which began with a heavy mist that didn't lift until well after midday, but there were a few highlights to be seen on the mornings exploring, such as late flowering gorse and cows ...
Now I know I go on about sheep but some of our local farmers have managed to carry on with their cattle and have built up stock after the decimation of their herds ten years ago, so it's a lovely sight to see healthy looking beasts enjoying both autumn leaves and ... mud 
As I drove back, I had to stop the car, once again, sheep had drawn my attention and so I got out of the car, camera at the ready and watched two rams having a bit of a battle of one-upmanship in the field behind this rather lovely, quizzical looking badger faced ewe
I don't think I need to tell you which of the rams won this contest of character 
Having had quite a scull bashing from "Big Daddy"  the loser wandered away into the mist
leaving "Old Brutus" to tup away to his hearts content, at which point I drove on home.

The late afternoon held a beautiful surprise, a glowing gold and salmon pink sunset. We haven't witnessed many of these this year, so a lovely ending to a rather sad, soggy day.
The above was taken as I headed up the mountain in the hope of some better photos but even as I parked up I witnessed a strange change in the sky. It was as if the setting sun was pulling down net curtains behind it as it reached it's grand finale. Within just ten minutes, what had been a rose gold setting for the lonely telecom mast, became this ...
Next thing I knew visibility was limited to just a few feet in front of me and the drive back down was a cautious, slow descent to get back into the warmth of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment