About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Thursday 3 November 2011

THE HOLLY AND ...

  Don't worry, I'm not getting all Chris Moosey, we haven't even had fireworks ... yet ...
and judging by the weather forecast for Bonfire Night, well ... it could put a dampener on things a bit. But despite me moaning about the Welsh weather, it highlights surprises.
  As I have mentioned before, this has been an odd year and today I found holly with flowers on it, yes ... flowers. Isn't that a bit out of synch? Also, this photo was taken around midday and it was so dark and damp under the trees, it needed flash photography to capture the scene. That sure ain't sunlight reflected off them there leaves.
and if you are now expecting ivy, to follow the lines of the song,sorry but  you're wrong ...
today it's the holly and the hawthorn. Caught in a brief, glancing shaft of sunlight, 
these rain-wet berries behind an old, algae-green gravestone really caught my eye.
Whatever the weather, there's something to cheer up ones day!

No comments:

Post a Comment