About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 12 November 2011

THE MORNING AFTER ...

 Well I bet there were a few sore heads this morning as one of our farmers celebrated his 65th birthday last night. At an age where most of us pass through that gate to retirement,  the majority of farmers carry on and the next day, will be back caring for their livestock.
There was a good turnout and a grand night was had by all, so Dafad had mist in the head this morning. It was cheering to clear it with a stroll in the glorious sunshine after a night of rain, so the moors glistened with crystal drops on sphagnum moss and dainty grasses
and looking across the valley, the wooded slopes were releasing clouds of white steam. 
Here on the top of the mountain the last, colour turning leaves are clinging to the branches

But today it was the tiny details that caught my eye, which saw me lying down on the damp ground focusing on small fungi, which have suddenly sprung up all over the place.
Some of them are so delicate, especially when seen from the same level as the grass.

And then I had a go at the 3D facility for the first time, trying to learn just how all this digital photography stuff works. It's so different from my trusty old Olympus SLR, now sadly defunct after over 30 years of use, and my constant companion, the mobile phone, which started off this attempt at creating blog-worthy illustrations. 
Does the 3D make a difference? Well, I am a long, long way off from becoming an accomplished digital  photographer, but it is definitely different. It's also an interesting and ... a frustratingly, challenging learning curve!  But,  I'm enjoying exploring it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment