About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Sunday 10 February 2013

WHAT A WIN!

Hello folks ... Ol' Dafad here hasn't been too grand over the last couple of weeks. It took an emergency visit to a human vet to get tests and wait two weeks for the swab to culture.
No I don't have SBV but the results demanded rather dramatic medication which knocked me for six. A course of tablets that left me feeling fairly weak and with horrible side effects but ... one thing that really cheered me up yesterday was that in Paris, we beat the French Blues 16-6! Yep, a good result for Wales  against the blues (who were not at all happy).
It was a a tonic I can tell you. The skies at the end of the day here in flat fenland were holding an unsure promise of snow, though the local weather forecast up here was vague.
I went out with a local friend to check out the local pub ... I was amongst English supporters ... but luckily met one Welsh person whose folks farm in the Welsh borders.
At least there was some solidarity about us winning, but I'm in foreign territory here.
I bet the English felt rather smug today, I missed the match due to another commitment but am guessing they feel rather smug after their win over the Irish today. Apparently it was a rather tense and scrappy match which England managed to win by a 12-6 margin.
Meanwhile I was at an Anglo Saxon Village, which is an archaeological site with lots of reconstructed buildings, it was fun but bitterly cold ... more on that tomorrow! Goodnite.

No comments:

Post a Comment