About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 2 February 2013

RBS START 2013

Well what a day for rugby fans as the RBS six nations kicked off this afternoon but before that all began I went out shopping and ... more importantly gave the mad mutt a run <<< peaceful sunny scenes ... if viewed through a camera lens  but oh my goodness the fen wind was cold and old Dafad here was not quite prepared for just how breezy it was, not that the dog minded at all. This part of the fenland landscape is just on the outskirts of a local town and still has not recovered from rain and melting snow. Did the daft dog mind at all? No ... not a bit of it, he loved it. There was plenty of water to splash around in and ... a long length of wood to play with.
He reminded me of tight rope walker ... except he was on solid ground, but he was proud!
And ... the way he managed to navigate past various obstacles amazed me, unlike our Welsh side later on in the afternoon,  but I shall come to that later, he was happy and, as followers of my blog know, he is a real fan of anything that involves splashing in water.
He realised we were close to getting back to the car and his delaying tactics were just wonderful (if at times frustrating ... I wanted to get back and watch the rugby!) He paddled about in the water, as seen above ... pretending he had lost that rather large stick!
Anyway I finally got him back in the car, navigated through the shopping list and returned in time to see our first match of the RBS Six Nations. It used to be five nations. For those of you who don't know it is a match series played between, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England France, then late comers in 2000 to make it six nations, the Italians joined in
Now Dafad here (understandably) is a Welsh supporter, but we, sadly  got beaten today by the Irish (Celtic rivalry 30-15 to the green isle ) and later England won over the Scots by a rather large margin. 38 - 18. Tomorrow it is the French v the Italians (outside our borders) but I so hope that the latecomers, the Italians win, they deserve a chance.
As for the long-stick carrying dog ... he doesn't care who wins the rugby, but I do!
Here's to Wales  I say!
Cariad a Cymru.

No comments:

Post a Comment