About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Tuesday 12 February 2013

A COP's CAUTION.

I have to share something with you that amused me on the 7th. We went out of the village with a friend going on a shopping errand. As we reached the outskirts of the village there had been a funeral of a well respected local pensioner,the church was obviously packed and there were cars everywhere. They stretched from one side of the church to the other, the cemetery car park was packed and  the farm near the church had cars parked along their driveway ... on top of that there were vehicles parked on the verge of the road leading out of the village. Not being a local. I drove on but noticed the sun in the sky looking rather spectacular ( a moment not to be missed) and me being me had to pull over on the side of the road to take a photograph. I deliberately parked on the verge of a long straight stretch of open road. Fenland ... clear visibility for miles ... I put the hazard warning lights on & walked back, some distance from the car to avoid telephone wires being in the photograph, got just the shot I wanted as seen here below and walked back.
Now here is the amusing bit, I ... got stopped by a police car with his hazards flashing and I quote ... "You've parked in a dangerous place." I told the concerned constable that I was just taking a photograph and he drove on. I had to smile as just half a mile down the road, he was about to encounter cars parked all along the verges, and pavements either side of the village church, the cemetery car park was packed. I later found out that there were 200 cars at the funeral which was for an old, much respected local farmer whose coffin was taken to church by a tractor and trailer. What a lovely way to go that final mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment