About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Monday 2 April 2012

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

  Today was meant to be a quiet, settling back in day, but everyone I met wanted to know how Dad was and it was great to be able to tell them how well he is doing at the moment. Then of course the catching up on local news as seen from different angles. The villagers talk about other villagers and the farmers talk about how their flocks are doing. Luckily mostly well at the moment and no signs of Schmallenburg Virus effecting either our lambs or our calves, thank goodness. But it seems even the sheep are curious about our return ...

"Who are those strangers walking past?"
Last night taking Ffin for a walk under a starlit sky with young Rhiannon telling me how she wants to be a vet, she told me I was meant to be home because "X marks the spot." She pointed up into the night sky where two contrials crossed. I couldn't take a photo then but I could today by The Singing Gate. Looking out over fields full of new born life as well as everywhere I've been today is just wonderful and if you think I am just interested in sheep, then look at this peaceful scene captured with the zoom facility on my camera ... six new born calves.
  And for those yet to give birth, peaceful pastoral scenes ...  with the gentle rolling hillsides in the background ... with new spring shoots rising up for summer grazing.
But ... the weather is turning with possibly ... even snow due to reach us on the high ground ... we shall see as the weeks progress. Meanwhile I shall leave you with this from a hedgerow down the road ... 
To quote Monty Python ... "Always look on the bright side of life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment