About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

TINY MINERS

   The day started chilly with milk cloudy skies and the promise of much needed rain and ... snow, which we had today! The tracks across the commons  are dry, dusty and hard and need rain to get the new shoots of grazing growing and it will be easier on horses legs (mine too). The grouse on the moors are obviously coping with old dry heather, judging by the only other signs of them for now>>>
This tractor had broken down, so no muck spreading getting done in this field. 
And just to continue the theme of  animal droppings, I got home to find that mice had been having a bit of a party in my absence, and had been in the kitchen munching through my cappuccino sachets and a soap bar by the sink and in the in the cleaning products under the  sink. 


Then ... having bought a large bag of dog food, I went to put it in the under-stairs cupboard where I realised that I had a severe mouse problem, which I was able to start tackling today, all this is rubble >>>

which the mining mice have extracted from two small holes in the corners at the bottom of the stairs! I started clearing up the mess ... which weighed in at over 13 pounds in weight!!

They had been everywhere including my spice drawer ... 
Now ... as a joke someone gave me this to hang here, because of the saying that everyone has a skeleton in their cupboard.
but even he ... seems visibly shocked by the major re-arrangement of my pantry by under-stairs visitors or perhaps he has rodent phobia. There is now an alternative blue food source for the meeces. Soooo sorry Mus (mining) musticus but for you, the party is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment