About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Monday 27 February 2012

WEATHER & WIND ...


Winter, it seems has, at least for now started to hand over to spring leaving the dead and defunct behind
<<<
as the weather warms up and new growth sprouts and flowers all over the place. Certainly here after the white carpet of snow had melted and the sun warmed the soil   things really started to shoot up, but ... it may surprise you to know that when I arrived on Christmas Day, these were already in flower, they just look stronger and happier now.

These primroses however have come up amongst the tiny snowdrops in the last few days. Tiny leaves in the moss, produced two large flowers that quite surprised me as I did my morning walk about the garden with dogs in tow, with me clicking and them looking at me quizzically, as if to say "You're mad!" Three against one, they're right of course ... I am. 
So much so that on Saturday during half time, I whizzed up to the garage to get much needed milk and a few other things, when on the way back in the sunset, this caught my eye, so I just had to stop and get the camera out. I promised you windmills, so here you go ... how about this one ... much nicer looking than a wind turbine and ... still grinds flour!
Well, that is on days when there is enough wind to get the old sails rotating that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment