About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Saturday 11 February 2012

SNOW & ALL GO

  The great news is that Dad is back from the hospice, he arrived early evening in an ambulance (the day before yesterday)  just as the snow started and he has had to settle in to an adapted home with his bedroom now downstairs and loads of medical "appliances" put in place since he's been away. But ... he's settled in O.K and looks much better for his rest and very professional care in Arthur Rank House which is just a brille place, so I've got a lot to live up to care wise, but we're getting there. Lots for me to learn, that's for sure. But I'm adapting to this new way of how the days go and we laugh a lot together.
    The snow and then freezing fog last night has turned the Fens into quite a magical place and I've taken loads of photo's, too many to share with you now but for a few that I like ...
sometimes the smallest details are those which catch my eye in a way that the larger view does just not intrigue me as much ... but today was just magical, lots of silly things attracted my eye in the garden here ...
like these two watering cans hung on the garden wall ... though I doubt they will be pouring water for a while ... because it is so bitterly cold, but worth the frozen fingers to capture these few moments that delight the eye ...

whilst these deep night temperatures that drop so low  continue ... Brrr ... but to you leave you all with a warming image that came at the and of a long and bitterly cold day, a lovely, fen sunset, which tonight was a sheer delight as the snow turned rose gold in the glow. A lovely way to end a day when I took loads of snowscape photo's with cold fingers
it looks a lot warmer than it was in reality, but at least it gladdens the soul with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment