About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Monday 10 June 2013

HAY & WHY ...?

I will explain the title for this post shortly, but the answer is this ... "Just for the fun of it!"
Today was overcast and much cooler, not that I minded and I know how much we moaned about the flooded fenland fields here at the beginning of the year but we could do with some now as the arable fields in this area are rather parched and dry. Here in the garden I have been using the water butts to give all the potted plants a decent drink and they have all perked up and look a lot happier for it. The birds have been busy on the bird feeders especially the starlings, it has been fun watching the parents teaching the young ones just how to eat fat balls in a hanging cage but they seem to leave all the grain to the pigeons. Today I saw the fattest pigeon I have ever seen, that it could fly amazed me.
We also spotted a green woodpecker eating the masses of ants that have invaded an area of the border plants, (I don't think it will get as fat as that pigeon on such a mini meal diet!)
Anyway, this afternoon I had to take the mad mutt to the vets, it was the local veterinary surgery here that initially diagnosed Ffin with crepitus of the joints and he is on a daily dose of anti inflammatory tablets but he had run out of them some days ago & was sore.
On the way there we spotted something rather unusual in a field which made us smile so ...
on the way back home I just had to stop and take a photo to go on the blog, so 'ere tiz ...
A farmer with a great sense of humour ... it made us smile anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment