About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Friday 1 March 2013

DAFAD IS BACK.

Hello folks. Yep Dafad is back in the land of the living and quietly celebrating the fact that today ... being March the 1st is St Davids Day or as is said in Welsh, "Dydd Gwyl Dewi."
Now, it's been brought to my notice that folk have been missing the ramblings on my blog.
It's nice to know I've been missed, heaven knows why, the way I normally waffle on but there has been a good reason because I've not been well for some six months with one thing and another like pneumonia before Christmas, various other bugs were dealt with and the real crunch happened on Monday morning when I woke about half six only to find that my body was split into two. The left side of it had decided to go on strike, luckily I'm right handed so was still able to do some things like call an ambulance, I'd had a stroke.
Not totally debilitating but of concern enough for the paramedic to call for an ambulance and I was whizzed of to A&E at some speed and thanks to Nevill Hall Hospital and the wonderful teams of doctors and nursing staff, old Dafad here has survived and after lots of tests, x-rays, MRI scans etc etc, I was sent up to the Acute Stroke ward and gently nursed back to sort of normality. Not that Dafad's ever been what most folk call normal.
I was released late yesterday evening and picked up by a lovely female farmer friend, whilst her husband was still working late up on the farm. I owe them several drinks and ...
when I have gone through all the tests & physiotherapy that await me over the months ahead, I will be treating them both, to a slap up celebratory meal, somewhere really nice.
So ... worry you all less please I am alive and laughing at some of the ridiculous hurdles I've had to climb slowly over and the diversions I've had to go through. As the old Readers Digest always used to say ... Laughter is the best medicine. How very true that is!
On the ward we all, many much more seriously ill than me (to say the very least) we all ended up making silly, sometimes rather wry jokes about various situations and a lot of laughter could be heard emanating from our six bed room. It was all very healing stuff.
As for those still in Gilwern Ward & there are many of them, I wish you all the very best.
So ... I'm back in the land of the living and celebrating St Davids Day with a few friends.
A Rhymney Hobby Horse Ale for me please. Cheers!
"Iechyd da Dewi Sant!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're back in the land of the living, fortunately if you're right handed you'll have no bother lifting that pint to your lips. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you're in the land of the living. At least if you're right handed you'll be able to lift that pint to your mouth! Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Shep!
    Bless you, it seems I have friends in high places. Higher than here anyways, stay warm with lambing due to start soon.
    And yes I managed a celebratory pint, just the one. Twas lovely and great to be in the wood smokey warm of the pub with farming friends.
    Lots of twins appeared in scans here too. Much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete