About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

CHASING THE BLUES.

Today was a brighter one, despite the frosty start there was sun to lighten the hours. We have been lucky, in other areas of the country it has snowed, another form of water! 
I was thinking today about the phrase "Chasing the blues away." which basically means feeling as I did today ... less "Under the weather." see there's another saying for you, but ...
I happen to like blue, especially if it is filling the sky with various shades of it. I also wear various shades of it and have done all my life to me it is a happy colour and I don't associate it with a depressive frame of mind, to me that colour would be more like a bruise. One of those deep purple, angry red ones with various other colours. I suppose if you were to identify all the shades in a really good bruise, you'd come up with a long list.
<<< a bit like this. But stood under the late afternoon sky behind the rugby posts as I did earlier on, I just loved all those differing colours. Yes the air was chilly as the day settled down with the sunset glowing in the west and no doubt the mad mutt with his nose to the ground didn't care at all for the sights above, he was more interested in scents of other dogs that had been out this way during the course of the day and the cats that he tried to befriend, then looked puzzled as they shot off at speed. Meanwhile, I ... was chasing the blues with my camera ... and the reds too ...
Like this bank of rusty coloured, past it's best bracken against a pale blue eastern sky.
Just look at the skeletal trees, hardly a leaf. We really are into the onset of winter here but having just googled other areas for tomorrow's  though the temperatures are low we at least are gong to be warmer than some, in fact ... so much so ... we are due rain not snow!
Nice weather for ducks ... even if they are plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment