About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Friday 28 September 2012

A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

My goodness what a day today has been, full of surprises, but it all started off with the first photograph of the day and this tiny bramble plant bearing berries.
I've been eating them for a few weeks now, sun warmed or rain washed the blackberry is a generous fruiting plant. Now here's a strange fact ... "there are up to 400 species and sub species." (Collins Gem Guide)
I bet you didn't know that! But it explains why some are full of flavour and others ... well insipid! This tiny plant growing in an old railway wall was trying to ripen seven fruits. Another fact ... blackberries don't need to be pollinated to bear fruit another being dandelions. I was on my way down to see the progress on the weir, but more on that over the weekend because the end of the day was more exciting to witness. We started off here at the trig point a mere  489 metres above sea level. (this is a ground eye view).
And that got me thinking about seeing things from a different point of view. What if ... one saw things from an alternative perspective, as someone much smaller in size than me? If that was the case, then one would see things so differently and the effect would be great.
what to say an insect, would seem to us, like a lake ...
and to human eyes, the normally small would seem many times larger .
A dog might seem like a monster ... he was determined to get in on the scene as I lay on the ground with my camera a mere inch off the earth. I was fascinated with perspective, he just wanted to paddle in the puddles. I wanted to capture an insect eye view, he just wanted to play and I don't blame him, he couldn't understand why I was laid flat on the earth with my camera, trying to stop him causing ripples in the reflections. Now ... if you go back to the second photograph of what seems like a lake ... well folks it's all an optical illusion because my camera was just an inch off the ground because it wasn't a lake, just a puddle!
If ... anyone had driven by when I was prostate on the ground would have wondered what on earth I was doing, But folks just remember this ... sometimes one needs an alternative view of life. Let's face it, it makes the day to day ... much more interesting! And then to almost end the day, as we were driving back home, I captured this calm peaceful scene.
It all depends how you look at life
to be able to see what you get out of it!
P.S. just to give you an idea of how small a trig stone can really seem ...
and I leave you with grasses seen from an insect perspective, in the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment