About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Thursday 15 December 2011

AN OTHER DAY

 After a hibernating day yesterday. Mind you I can't complain about the timing because it was not the weather to be out and about in. The mad mutt thought differently and was decidedly a miffed mutt ... heavy sighs, soulful looks and silent sulks. I'm meandering again ... overnight under heavy fogginess and lots of that whip lashing rain, today dawned bright. I knew it when I surfaced from down under in duvet country. The jackdaws sounded happy as they chat-nattered in their roost behind me, I almost heard them say, "It's a flying day!"
They were right, it looked lovely and dry ... from inside. Guess dog knew it too, I got pester power full blast. Eventually, dressed like a cross between a plasticated onion and a Russian doll, with a very small human in the centre, we ventured out into the ambient coldness.
I drove up to the top to look at the view as Ffin went nose to ground, racing about ... what a difference! Gone the snow and hail whitened heights ... welcome back soggy greenery.

Where the moles in this field obviously felt happy enough to be creating havoc on the pastures.
It was hard to believe there had been whiteness every where yesterday, everything was just sodden and waterlogged with deep puddles all over the place. Wellies essential footwear!
Dog bouncing around in sludgy muddiness, just happy to be outdoors (I didn't feel quite the same). But with wafts of Olbas Oil, I did my best.
It was clear I wasn't the only one who was having problems with traversing the ground >>>
It may not be snow that the farmers have to face to get to their outlying flocks but I guess this can seem just as bad, especially if you are in a Landrover.
As it was, I was struggling unlike Mr Surefoot. He was just happy to be outdoors and I have to admit (despite struggling) so was I. The fresh air and the views were a balm to the soul.
But I knew I would soon have to give in and get back to recuperate and rest. Dog wasn't so impressed,  there were still reminders of yesterday to explore ...
But I'd had enough, and just wanted to get back home in the warm. I still felt very frail and unable to cope with the cold.
So back in the car and heading home I saw a sight that made me stop the car and take photographs. Our Welsh breed, seemed more like Herdwicks in colour ... due to the muddiness.
They've sure made short work of their hay rations and that's the second big bale to go out for them. But with the grass so green I guess there's not much attention to the hay put out for the in bye sheep ...
except for  a few greedy individuals who rely on supply ...
but still a few reminders of snow linger on,
but heading back home to the warmth of home, there were still a few more surprises.
I  really had not expected this sight on a cold December day ...  >>>>
a rainbow over peacefully grazing sheep.






As finally the jackdaws having had a great December day headed in to roost early ...
or maybe just a lunch break ... I'd had enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment