About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

THE START OF 2013

How about that for a sunny start to the year, at last the weather forecast is on the turn with some fog & mist due, but hopefully no rain! Although the weather was sunny today, there were some rather foggy post New Year celebration heads on some people and needless to say it was not the dogs, they were bright an normally active as I wandered around the garden with them listening to the birdsong and watching our feathered friends flashing in and out of the trees, obviously enjoying the sun bright morning. There was one very fat wood pigeon preening itself on next doors plum tree. Sorry folks but I just thought of it as a potential pie. The rest of the day sort of melted away in a postprandial haze.
The sunset was not particularly photo worthy and the temperature dropped suddenly.
As I walked the dog under darkening skies, I needed the thick fleece I was wearing and gloves. Around me the flooded fields at long last seemed to be draining the excess water, though the puddles that remained reflected the sun's dimming rays and the mad mutt enjoyed exploring the grass & sedge thick boundaries between field and track where he could most probably smell scents of fox and Muntjac deer amongst many other things.
Above and around us the sky was preparing itself for the long cold January night ahead.
It was a nice way to think of this, the first day of 2013, not outstanding but memorable.
Wherever you are in the world, no matter the time zone,
I wish you all good things in the year ahead.
Now for me ... it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment