About Me

My photo
An itinerant observer and thinker about life in general, sharing some moments of wandering and wonderment.

Wednesday 31 October 2012

PUMPKIN FUN

Well ... it's been an odd sort of a day in many ways, maybe something to do with the date.
Witchety kind of weather, in other words, which way is it going to turn next ... and oh boy did it change throughout the day. What didn't we have wet-wise apart from the frozen form of wetness, well no frost, ice, or snow! But we had breezes to stiff winds blowing the leaves off the trees at a rate of knots, though we escaped the gale force ferocity that the Shipping Forecast this morning forecast for all bar one of the areas of the U.K  coastline.
As I write now in the early hours of this last day in October, the rain is lashing the windows and I doubt there will me much "trick or treating" done this evening, unless there are some brave, mad souls out there who want to venture out on such a drizzmal night.
But ... in order not to let my followers down on the last day of October, I found these ...
mini pumpkins, nestling in amongst the (by now) very wet autumnal beech leaves. 
And ... strangely enough they seemed to follow me around the old churchyard.
I think the top one may have been playing "King of the castle"
but the other two thought they would have a go at being top pumpkins ...
but as the weather got darker and the rain was getting heavier ...
they grouped atop an old stone stile, with views over the valley below.
but ... the paler of the three, still felt it had to be King Pumpkin.
The last time I saw them together, they were huddling in the protection of the side door of 
the old church. Wherever will they appear next ... ?
As I write the rain is coming in heavily, very few Welsh witches will be flying tonight!
WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE HALLOWEEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment